Community can offer a sense of belonging, identity, and purpose. Supporting people in their daily life as a member of the community can have a profound impact on an individual’s quality of life.
As appropriate, participants who access this program can expect support working on:
- The importance of community engagement, social contribution, and relationships in maintaining personal wellbeing
- Self-awareness and self-care
- Gaining awareness of personal interests, skill sets and passions and linking these to employment pathways
- Emotional awareness and self-regulation
- Adaptive social competency including increased awareness of social norms and expectations.
- Their relationship with their disability, independence, confidence, and self-worth
- Navigating systems and programs to successfully participate in their community and employment pathway.
- Preparation and support to access training and employment opportunities
- Capacity building for seeking assistance in the community context without ongoing formalised supports..
Capacity building in your NDIS plan is all about making sure you have the confidence, skills, and resources you need to participate in the community and access the same opportunities as others. We can help you build skills such as:
- basic literacy and numeracy
- computer skills and navigating the Internet.
- cooking and preparing meals.
- travel and public transport skills
- housekeeping, cleaning, and gardening
- skills related to personal care and grooming.
- shopping and handling money
- budgeting and working out finances.
- accessing supported employment
For more information about our community participation services and projects, or to make a referral, please contact our friendly and experienced staff today