What is Supported Independent Living (SIL)?
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is one type of help or supervision with daily tasks to help you live as independently as possible, while building your skills. SIL is the paid personal supports. It includes things like having a person to help with personal care tasks or cooking meals.
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is a NDIS support where you can live with other people with a disability or on your own.
Supported Independent Living is funded under Core Supports – Assistance with Daily Life in your NDIS plan.
The NDIS does not fund the cost of rent, board, transport, and other day-to-day expenses such as food and activities.
Our SIL services include:
- 24/7 support
- Help with personal care tasks, such as showering and getting dressed.
- Assistance with transferring in and out of bed
- Medication management
- Building daily living skills with training
- Assistance with household tasks, such as laundry or shopping
- Preparing/assist with cooking
- Support with supervision, personal safety, and security
- Help catching public transport in your community.
- Organising household activities
All of our support workers are skilled and trained. We are passionate about empowering people to achieve their goals, build confidence, and enjoy independent living.